Impromptu lunch date with my hubby on Friday.
Yesterday Jenn took me to tea at The London, a fancy hotel in West Hollywood with a lovely upscale restaurant.
The tea was Rose and French Vanilla--very fragrant indeed.
Scones, sandwiches, and desserts to accompany our tea. Plus excellent conversation, of course!
Homemade calzones with mozzarella, zucchini ribbons, and Parmesan, plus marinara on the side for dipping.
I used Lisa's whole wheat pizza crust recipe and Smitten Kitchen's calzone instructions (in her amazing cookbook) to make this bit of magic happen!
In the spirit of the holiday, I spent a little time in the kitchen baking up a batch of Chocolate Whiskey and Beer Cupcakes from Smitten Kitchen.
Plus menu planning, of course!
- Monday: Out for a dinner meeting
- Tuesday: Greek salad
- Wednesday: Out for a UCLA meeting, but I'm thinking of cooking up some veggie quesadillas beforehand
- Thursday: Breakfast for dinner--waffles, pancakes, or crepes with fruit
- Friday: Pasta with goat cheese marinara to fuel up for our 10K!
I skipped this weekend's workouts and long run in an effort to battle off whatever bug is trying to get me. I am feeling more energized this evening, so hopefully I'll be back to 100% tomorrow. But of course, that means I missed my last long run before next weekend's race. I'm a little nervous about feeling less than prepared, but on the other hand perhaps some rest wasn't the worst idea.
Anyway, if all goes well, here's this week's plan:
- Monday: 4-mile run
- Tuesday: Lower body strength and incline walking
- Wednesday: 2-mile run
- Thursday: Upper body strength + stretch
- Friday: Rest, stretch, and foam roll
I hope you have a spectacular week!
What are the plans for your fitness and food this week?